Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oleg Cassini


Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis in Cassini's classic clothes.
I know that a number of you also love Jacqueline K-Onassis' clothes, just like me!

Oleg Cassini, the designer, courtesy of Emilio Grossi Design and Photography
One designer that has the biggest influence in my conscious and subconscious is Oleg Cassini. Clothes I admire while growing up were from him, since my Aunt who was a dressmaker was a big fan herself.

So, who is Oleg Cassini?
Here's a short info from Wikipedia:

Oleg Cassini (April 11, 1913 – March 17, 2006[1]) was a French-born American fashion designer noted for being chosen by Jacqueline Kennedy to design her state wardrobe in the 1960s. He became the exclusive costume designer for his then-wife, American film and stage actress Gene Tierney. His designs appeared in eleven of Tierney’s films in the 1940s and 50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment